Sadly, this is the last day of my traineeship. Hopefully I will be coming back to help with the installation of Nature’s Library but this is my ‘official’ last day. Yesterday’s ‘bake off’ of wonderful museum-themed cakes and treats in aid of Comic Relief (raising over £100) has reminded me what I’ve enjoyed most about being in Manchester this past year:
- The people: everyone has been so friendly and good to me and I feel I’ve made some great contacts for the future.
- The allotment: I’ve really enjoyed my work with the ‘allotment crew’ on a Friday and will miss my involvement immensely.
- The Big Saturdays: I’ve really enjoyed interacting with visitors on Big Saturdays and other public events.
- The baking (see above): always a great standard of cakes!
- The volunteers: The volunteers are great at Manchester!
- The collections: Working with the collections at Manchester has been a unique opportunity.
One thing I won’t miss are the trains (shame on you Northern Rail).
But aside from that I’ve had a brilliant year. Hoepfully the blog will continue and I’ll keep you posted on future developments. Thanks for reading!