This morning myself and Kate (Sherburn- Curatorial Assistant Zoology) topped up the alcohol in some of the invertebrates stored in the biological spirit collections. Jenny (Discombe- Conservator) had told us that they were last replenished with alcohol around 5 years ago but some examples had already lost quite a lot of their alcohol. This could be due to the glass cases not being sealed properly; so it was important to check for this. Some examples had sadly been dry for too long and their value to the collection had been lost. But for the examples that were topped up hopefully they will be ok for another few years to come.
- RT @HarryOddie: #ThingsThatLeaveBritainReeling This iconic moment on Come Dine With Me shook the nation to it's core. https://t.co/kG3sGNdU… 3 weeks ago
- So excited about this! #chinasaurs17 twitter.com/George_Gorilla… 3 weeks ago
- Recent terrorist attacks leave me hollow and leaden with sadness at the same time. 3 weeks ago
- ...sorry forgot Ian Duncan Smith was once leader 1 year ago
- I can't believe the #Labour party is imploding just when the #ConservativeParty are in the midst of their biggest crisis of the century... 1 year ago