This morning myself and Kate (Sherburn- Curatorial Assistant Zoology) topped up the alcohol in some of the invertebrates stored in the biological spirit collections. Jenny (Discombe- Conservator) had told us that they were last replenished with alcohol around 5 years ago but some examples had already lost quite a lot of their alcohol. This could be due to the glass cases not being sealed properly; so it was important to check for this. Some examples had sadly been dry for too long and their value to the collection had been lost. But for the examples that were topped up hopefully they will be ok for another few years to come.
- @shaunwkeaveny in case you missed it. Jeremy from 1 March- 'I don't want to find a wolf phallus' 0.58 mins bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b… 1 week ago
- @BBC6musicNowPla hi tom how about Jesca Hoop memories are now and fave track pegassi 3 months ago
- Please support this cause change.org/p/world-wildli… 4 months ago
- RT @HarryOddie: #ThingsThatLeaveBritainReeling This iconic moment on Come Dine With Me shook the nation to it's core. https://t.co/kG3sGNdU… 9 months ago
- So excited about this! #chinasaurs17 twitter.com/George_Gorilla… 9 months ago